Registering Service Animals in Training
These instructions are for students registering service animals in training. If you are a student who, due to your disability, uses a service animal, visit this page for instructions on registering your service animals.
The steps to register your service animal in training are:
- Complete the Service Animal and Partner Registration Form
- Return completed, signed forms to the DRC by using one of the following methods:
- Deliver to: Disability Resource Center in the Clark Howell Hall
- Mail to:
Univeristy of Georgia
Disability Resource Center
Clark Howell Hall
Athens, GA 30602
- Fax to: (706) 542-7719
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A DRC representative will contact you via phone or email to schedule a short meeting. Bring your service animal in training and the identification card issued by your service animal agency to your meeting.
- At the meeting, you will receive a copy of the policy regarding service animals on campus and a tag identifying your service animal as registered. You will also have an opportunity to discuss any questions you have about the registration process and having the service animal on campus.
- Instruct any alternates who will assist you with the service animal to complete the Designated Alternate Registration Form. The alternates will also be contacted to schedule a meeting. You can schedule a joint meeting by notifying the DRC scheduling representative that you wish to do so.
Please contact the DRC at 706-542-8719 with questions about completing the registration form.