Registering Service Animals
These instructions are for students who, due to a disability, require the use of a trained service animal. Visit this page for instructions on registering service animals in training.
The steps to register your service animal are:
- Complete the Disability Resource Center Request for Services Form and the Service Animal and Handler Registration Form.
- Return completed, signed forms to the DRC by using one of the following methods:
- Deliver to: Disability Resource Center in Clark Howell Hall
- Mail to:
Univeristy of Georgia
Disability Resource Center
Clark Howell Hall
Athens, GA 30602
- Fax to: (706) 542-7719
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (emailed forms must include a signature)
- A DRC representative will contact you via phone or email to schedule a short meeting. At the meeting, you will meet your Disability Service Coordinator, receive a copy of the policy regarding service animals on campus, and receive a tag identifying your service animal as registered. You will also have an opportunity to discuss any questions you have about the registration process and having the service animal on campus.
- Instruct any alternates who will assist you with the service animal to complete the Designated Alternate Registration Form. The alternates will also be contacted to schedule a meeting. You can schedule a joint meeting by notifying the DRC scheduling representative that you wish to do so.
Please contact the DRC at 706-542-8719 with questions about completing the registration form.
Frequently asked questions and other helpful information about service animals in training on campus can be found on the Equal Opportunity Office website at www.uga.edu/eoo.